A Brief History of Barnes
1903 Edward &
George Cadbury brought Chadwich Manor Estate from
1925 Part of Estate given to National Trust
1931 Plans drawn up for building of Barnes Close
1937 Barnes Close first on map
family moved back to Selly Oak and Barnes Close let to
1945 Birmingham Sunday School Union acquire Barnes Close
1964 Extension to Common Room and Games Room
1973 Plans drawn up for 6 extra bedrooms (West Wing)
1986 CfR moved to Barnes Close
1989 Formal transfer of Barnes Close from BSSU to CfR
This website has been constructed, and is maintained, by Rev Ian Ring, Community Co-ordinator of the Community for Reconciliation and Minister of the Beacon Church Centre, Rubery. Any views expressed in this website are personal views and do not necessarily reflect the views of The Community for Reconciliation, The Beacon Church Centre or The United Reformed Church as a whole.
© Ian Ring 2001-4. All comments regarding the website to Ian Ring please.
Site last updated 1st July 2004